12 April, 2007

Who has been here?

I have been absolutely lazy for the past couple of weeks as you can tell from the state of my blog. Although I have not posted anything, I still like to have a snoop around to check who has been visiting.

It’s a delight to see some of my loyal friends actually visit my blog regularly, more so than I do.

I will be completing 27 weeks this Sunday. One more week and I will be on to the last trimester! A good friend of mine delivered a baby girl last week she just elaborated on her horror story. I can’t help being nervous. So I made a list. Here’s my list. These are just the bits I could think of but I am sure this isn’t it!

List of stuff I have to buy before the baby arrives

Vests – 7 nos
Sleep suits – 3 nos
Rompers – 5 nos
Bibs, booties and hat
Environmentally friendly – (not mom friendly) washable cloth nappies
Disposable nappies ( For days when you just can’t be bothered if the environment is F**ed up)
Arse wipes (Non perfumed ones…paedophile repellent)
Feeding bottles – about 10-20 numbers at different capacities
Changing mat ( Gucci would be nice, might settle for ASDA its the second best)
Baby blanket ( the comfiest one giving him/her lesser reason to scream)
Sheets
Scratch mits (I heard babies are like cats - Except that babies scratch themselves)

The more expensive list that you wish others bought you but never happens


Push chair/Pramette/Travel system (Preferably Bugaboo if not McLaren would do)
Cot/Crib/Mosses basket
Mattress
Car seat (a definite must as the hospital would not let you take your baby home otherwise. I still think its optional as you can always use it as an excuse for them to keep your baby if he/she yowls too much)
Baby monitor ( F*** privacy- this piece of kit is useful till he/she turns 22)
Steriliser ( To sterilise everything except the baby)

For a first timer I am proud of myself.

DISCLAIMER
This list is not exhaustive and gives an indication to what your bank balance will be for the next 20years

3 comments:

fortyfiveminutes said...

hey..when can we see 'real' bump pictures?...photoshopped and pretty is no fun!

fortyfiveminutes said...

couching a gift registry in a blog post...very clever :)

Saritha said...

Damn never thought of it that way. Perhaps I could start one in John Lewis and invite you guys to view it. :P