07 February, 2007

Wednesday Whinge
I had my antenatal (the no fun time between conception and birth) appointment this morning.
My midwife asked me if I was feeling alright and whether there was something I wanted to talk about.
Scene I
Last night, the husband lectured me on how I should be diverting my ‘daily whinge’ (whinge is the snob's word for whine) towards the midwife instead of him.
Reason? I asked.
It seems, if anything, she would be able to come up with a solution (Martian Men and their Mr. Fix-it attitude!!!!).

Scene II
Me: Massive headaches come and go.
Vast amounts of painkillers even aren't helping (K is going to kill me for trying all these drugs). I had been following your advice on drinking gallons of water, but then all I do is wee (pee pee) all day, the headaches stay.

Midwife: Make notes whenever your head aches. Exactly when, and what you are doing at the time you get these headaches.
Me thinking - you mean practically all day at work? I mean come on, I need to start a headache diary now? Me, who refused to divide numbers in order to get a sense of the temperature when I was in Milwaukee?

Anyway, the good thing was I heard the baby's heartbeat. It was beating freakishly fast and loud. I asked the midwife if she was sure the heartbeats were the baby's (and not mine). She said it would be pretty hard to hear my heartbeat considering where the Doppler was placed ( above my v*****). But of course!

More tomorrow, need to get back to work.

2 comments:

Ketaki said...

Hahahaha
This one's really hillarious!
And I fully remember the time when you dint care to convert F to C, inspite of my engineer husband's simple equation!

Anonymous said...

Updates! Updates! We want updates!
-a.a